Monday, February 21, 2011

"you know Elder Robinson Nelspruit is a beautiful place and I love seeing the lights at night driving up the N4 and I think you'll really enjoy it as

Well where to begin. how about the subject line... yep as crazy as it is I'll be the new DL for the Nelspruit district starting tomorrow after transfers... its a crazy feeling to be going from being follow up trained 2 transfers ago to follow up training someone myself and now leading a district... its pretty intimidating but I feel confident the Lord will provide a way even for me to do it all... Also sweet is that Elder Alder is gonna be training so we'll have a really young district and now it's crazy because I'm starting to realize we're getting old on mission now... just about 8 months ago I was still home and honestly it's pretty insane... But yeah DL Elder Robinson ready... well kinda... to rock....

As far as the work goes... this week we once again lost our car do to overheating problems so went back on foot. but Nelspruit seems to be changing... we're getting in houses and people are receiving us... Just Saturday we sat down with Musa and Vutima and taught the restoration and when asking the follow up question "how do you feel about what we've taught" they were like... its true... so we commited them to pray about it a bit more and put them on baptismal date for March 27th... also we have started teaching 5 new families and all look pretty promising... also awesome we are making some real ground on the branch mission organization and well things are sweet. But man I'm tired at night haha I've never been so worn out on my mission but I'm lovin it.

Also crazyness is that another transfer is over and I'll be starting my 3rd transfer here in the refiners fire and going on 4 and 1/2 months... which honestly when I first got here seemed like centuries away but just like everything on mission the time flies by and you just get confused haha...

the saga of Pastor Dan continued this week with much more shouting prayers but we had to tell him we couldn't come back anymore and so we left a book of mormon and commited him to read and pray about it. who knows what will come there... Kruger will be next week do to the drive to Jozi in the morning and another gas workers strike in the country...and boom we'll be getting a baptism next week with Ntokozo... he is pretty dang awesome... basically he's been taught by missionaries and never took it seriously and always went back to drugs or whatever else but felt prompted to pick up the book of mormon and read again. he read 2nd Nephi 32 and decided to pray and said he knew he knew it was true and couldn't run away anymore... he's a converted guy and it all happened it 10 days which is once again proof to me we as missionaries don't do anything it's all the Spirit. But awesome stuff nonetheless.. Veronica will get baptized next month just her mom is slowly dying and its kinda slowed her progress and the work is just going great I'm really starting to love this place... It's taken some work but the branch and the growth i've seen makes it all worth it...

Lets see we just got news on the new mission president coming in June so that's crazy and only 3 transfers away... and that's also my hump transfer... what the heck haha time is mind boggling... Congrats to Kasey working on his mission papers that is freaking sweet and is there any other sweet news from back home... mission calls? I haven't heard from Andy at all how is that guy doing?
crazy to think how fast life/ mission is coming at me... I remember thinking when I first came out... if I get made a DL or a trainer it won't be for like a year and that's forever away... and well just look now...
I guess if I could close with a thought for the week it would just be enjoy yourself... whatever you are doing, wherever you are, how tough or easy things are, enjoy it, live it to the fullest, and put on a smile. You never know what's gonna come or when it'll come but you can always be excited and fired up for it.

Well before this sounds like some womanish diary entry I'll stop and do a few pushups... phew there we go... I'm back...

enjoy the week, live it up, write some letters and use dearelder because it is free and I may even get them by tomorrow :)

Yebo baba

Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment