Monday, October 10, 2011

President Kingsley, N1, Russell M. Nelson, Moses and others, BAD JUJU, and the like‏

Man a good week, a fast crazy week, but a good week. This week we purchased the new apartment and began to move in. This required a lot of travel to and from Joburg and sitting in traffic on the N1. I am so sick of driving I have nightmares about it.

But the flat is nice, big, new, shiny, and has CARPET! Now this may not seem like a big deal but man this is HUGE, carpet is so nice.... like I've been praying for a flat with carpet. The simple joys of missionary work are innumerable.

So you may wonder why I put Elder Nelson in the subject line. He's coming to the mission on the 24th of this month and we get to be there. 2nd Apostle on mission baby what up!!!!

This week I think the coolest experience, well one of them, was when President Kingsley from the Stake came. He spoke of his beginnings in the church 50 years ago and how he started meeting in a house as well and now Vereenigeng his home town has 3 wards. He spoke of how within 10 years there will be chapels (plural) and a stake in the Soshanguve area. He spoke of how it is in the Lord's plan and how it simply requires our heart, might, mind and strength. He told us that if we as the missionaries serve without regret, we will have joy and rejoicing in Hammanskraal not only in this life but in eternity. It was powerful. I can't stop pondering on that.

This week I was afflicted with food poisoning again... cold chicken again... and because of that I had a lot of pondering time as I used the restroom. Now, as missionaries, you can never know the impact you have. You can see yourself change, you can change some few around you, and you can gain an unshakable testimony. But it is only after many years have passed and you are on the other side you may begin to comprehend. I guess what I can say is this. Do your best with where you are. Lift those around you, and rather than ask what you need, ask what someone else may need. As we loose ourselves in the service of others we find ourselves. As I just recently killed 3 missionaries I thought a lot of where I want to be in 8 months time. Many missionaries get trunky... actually all... but If you work, and love those around you, and just "forget yourself and go to work" you go from an ordinary experience to an EXTRAordinary experience. That's what I hope and pray we gain here. As we go out I just have this fire to make things happen here and through the Spirit its all possible.

I think one way sweet investigator I'd like to talk about now is Moses. We contacted him and gave him a pamphlet. He called us and wanted us to come. He 100% understood the restoration and had taught his family of 5 and they wanted to be baptized. We didn't have to say one word. At church on Sunday people were debating the restoration and baptisms and authority and he just stood up and testified of the restoration and how we're so blessed to be a part of it even if we're just meeting in a house. "The church is true, that's what matters".
This is just a small taste of the Awesomeness we get everyday here. Here is another
We taught a pastor of a nameless church and he agreed with everything we taught except that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus... Because " they are the same person" So he tried to bash, we shut him down, he used his own private interpretation, we shut him down. Then he said well your church is teaching lies. Something welled up inside of me and I testified like a dragon. He shook I saw his hands and I felt the burning confirmation once again that this is true. "persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, but the truth of God will go forth boldly nobly and independent!" I love it nuff said.

Well yeah... haha we should have 8 baptisms this month, we have already outgrown our meeting place and will be moving probably in November. I love being an instrument in the Lord's hands nothing is more humbling and yet encouraging. But as to mine own self I am nothing.

Everyone back home. Serve a mission... if you can't... share it with your friends. You won't regret one whit of it.

Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment