Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More baptisms than fingers... A trip to the Temple... Oh and 5 days until African General Conference!!!‏

To begin... Three awesome experiences with food this week
1. Walkie Talkie... Chicken feet... and Chicken heads... the feet are the walkie the head is the talkie... I'll let you do the rest :D
2. AK-47... No even though Actonville is loaded with Middle easterners I did not eat a gun... This was the MOST GIGANTIC SANDWICH EVER... EVER!!!! it was about the length of my arm and as wide around as both of my legs... This thing was loaded with... Steak, Chicken, Viennas, Polony, Russians, Cheese, Chips (fries... Yeah whats up Brittish influence), sauce, Salad, and Boer Worst... So me and Elder Mhlalase split one at a bargain cost of 60 rand... about 8.50 for all of you accross the pond and no joke I didn't eat for another 2 days haha it was a monster... I'll send pics in time... They call this a township burger someday I'll make this we'll all have an Afrika party night together...
3. Dombolo Bread... This is some sweet stuff... It is like your typical bread... but rather than baking it you steam it... Interesting I know and tasty... Anyway I tried to make it for the first time and man I was steaming it over our boiling pot and the plastic bowl got to hot and melted all over inside the bread and all over the floor... but the bread was still pretty dang tasty... try it some time...

Alright! So big news yesterday Oackes and Nativity Chimwai a couple from Minzanari Zimbabwe were baptized bringing my total to 8... This weekend we have James from Malawi and General Conference so that will be an epic day to say the least... Oh and Our goal for November was 5 baptisms but as of now we have 11 on date for November so soon enough I won't be able to count baptisms on hands or feet as long as we stay obedient and let the Spirit do its work... We got humbled a lot this week through ditches and once again will be moving forward finding, studying, and obeying... Oackes is an awesome guy and used to be a prison warden but now just works as a waiter... He has had like an impossible time meeting with us but got taught in an interesting way... Nativity is awesome and super prepared for the Gospel... She as two little girls named Mitchelle and Memory and after teaching her in the day she stayed up until 1 AM to teach Oackes what we had taught that day... So when the interview came He was just as prepared as her... awesome...

5 days until G.C. need I say more... no I shant... :D next week we'll talk

This week was pretty intense... I went on an exchange with Elder Perryman, Elder Tyler Danger McCombs, and Elder Crawford... and learned a lot... It is always interesting to see different teaching styles and to learn from them... I've been called a master of the analogy... Anyway funny story from one exchange... So we've been encouraged to ask refferrals from everyone and always invite all present to attend the lesson... So I was with Elder Crawford and we were teaching this guy from Malawi and accross the hall a woman came out so we were like hey come and join us... then more and more and more kept coming all kinds of people saying like Pray for me... and I need to stop drinking help me... we ended up teaching 11 people haha it was so funny Elders from Utah teaching an entire apartment building all sitting on buckets... As we were leaving this one lady was like shouting over the fence to take her 10 rand and buy some cigarettes and this lady just yelled at her and was like "DON'T YOU TELL MY PASTORS TO BUY YOU CIGARETTES!!!" She then proceeded to give a 5 year old boy the money in stead and she was like "that's better..." I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard...

Yesterday was sweet we went out with some ward missionaries and Gonzo one of our new investigators was like really opening up to us and we just busted out the atonement totally guided by the Spirit and he was like "Yo I need to get baptized..." I LOVE PREPARED PEOPLE!!! man I can't even begin...

Scripture study is pretty dang sweet check out Alma 5 he shamboks pretty hard core about keeping the commandments and living right...

Its crazy to think of time passing by this is now transfer 3 which means next transfer I'll be 6 months old/ 1/4 done... Holy crap...

Anyway enjoy the week keep it real


No comments:

Post a Comment