Monday, October 4, 2010

Oktober in Afrika


To begin today lets tell some funny stories of the week... Just last night we were tracting in Leachville and we came to a house... Elder Mhlalase was like yo this house is trouble it sounds like 20 something year old girls... and sure enough it was haha... So we walk in and it is instant awkward because we are like... "are your parents home?" and they are just like no but we can sit with these two strong men in suits and we were like no we can't haha because its a rule we've gotta have a member with us to teach girls our age... but yo they didn't get it... anyway so we kept trying to leave and finally got out after like 10 minutes of them flirting and "By the way Elder Robinson I LOOOVE your accent it is superb come by and see us real soon" haha man it was so awkward we probably looked like 12 year old boys trying to get out of there haha... When we left Elder Mhlalase was like "that is why people in Africa break the law of Chastity" man I laughed so hard I couldn't even talk at the next two doors we knocked... Also this week appearantly Elder Littlefield cooked hard boiled eggs and they blew up all over the flat and they had to repaint it hahahaha man I love mission so so so many crazy stories...

Anywho this week we got humbled hard core haha we've been trying to obey all the rules and schedule better but we've been lacking a bit and one day we just got Shamboked so hard core we got ditched by 9 appointments in one day... just imagine 9 in one day yo it hurt... its like going to work and finding all of your papers, projects, and everything missing man we decided we needed to obey 1000% and follow as close as possible...

So as far as work goes, we've really cleaned out our teaching pool and are only trying to teach really serious people like its insane we may meet with 30 new people a week to find some who are actually willing to act... but its good... keeps us busy and we are finding people... As far as those who are prepared... We have Nativity who has finally got her answer and told the ward all about it during testimony meeting yesterday and it was so awesome man just like huge smiles all around... we have James from Malawi who is just golden man after our lesson on the word of wisdom he just was like guys I need to thank you for these changes you've been making in my life... I've never felt closer to God and life has never been better... boom its sweet we actually try to commit people to a baptismal date within the first 3 appointments and with all these new people we've been finding I think we're gonna have to get more fonts haha... I'm really excited to keep the work going and can't wait to keep being obedient to see the blessings...

I have a real testimony of the power of prayer... It changes life and God always provides when we ask in faith for what is right because man I see it all the time out here when people pray about these things...

Satan is working hard against us tossing women, prostitues, broken cars, struggles, ditches and everything, but we've got work to do and can always make things happen with obedience, work, and prayer.

I love all these people and missionary work is so fun its like any time you are around missionaries its like a party hahaha especially the daveyton Elders: Onsongo, Kelly (my Australian brother who some day I'll go roo hunting with) Littlefield, and Williams, who is my boy, man investigators, tracting, church, dinner appointments, cleaning, cooking, all of the crazy things that happen I wouldn't trade for anything... its been three months and there is so much more awesome to come...
Collin, Uncle Weston, Leonard, Tanner, Andy, my sweatette brothers, Fetz, all you guys who are getting ready and who are already out yo I can't wait for you guys this is seriously such sweet work and live it up the 2 years will be gone soon and we've got a bunch of catching up to do but for now baptize, teach, and rock the Spirit... because that's what its all about...

Everyone have fun with life back home and write every now and again dear elder .com is free and I'd love to hear whats up... be sure to include your address so I can actually write back haha

Ndi hamba but I'll talk again in just 6 short days... I'm about to go enjoy a feast at the Royal Boma Buffet for just 60 rand or about 9 dollars... haha quick story Daniel Lombard one of the members sons who is 4 is like my bro right now haha he always wants me to teach primary and when we go over for family home evening is like I need to sit by Elder Wobinson haha I love that little guy I'll send pics soon... anyway take luck ya'll and enjoy the week I know I'll love mine

Elder Kenyon Sigonia Robinson out

Boom Shakalaka...

No comments:

Post a Comment