Monday, October 11, 2010

what the flip 2 transfers are gone...

AGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man it has been an awesome week!!!!!!!!!!!! so lets begin Elder Holland in 3 days is coming and man am I excited... All you lucky guys across the pond are still have 3 weeks until conference and it hurts!!! haah but tons of awesome stuff is going on until then... So the week began awesome we found some new families to teach, had an awesome pday, had lessons set for the whole week, and boom we were feeling good... Oh and BTW I saw my first rain in like 8 months haha and AFRIKA rain is intense like thunder that shakes cars, strong wind and like lightning strikes in every direction every 2-3 seconds, oh and the rain drops are the size of strawberries haha it is so intense Voortrekker street was a river in like 5 minutes no joke... But then the trials came... Ditch after ditch after ditch, and we knocked door after door after door, and nothing... Frustrating but actually kind of fun haha like I love peoples excuses " Um I think I have uh food in the oven..." or my personal favorite, "my brother is calling me on sunday at 1 so I can't come to church at 9:30...." these are 100% serious haha or just I have my church and you WON"T Change me go away... Or my personal personal favorite of favorites, "My Bul Bul (a freakin huge dog) can make it to the gate in 2.8 seconds... are you sure you can run that fast?" Oh man I laughed so hard...

Speaking of laughs funny story... so we have this finding method called a life survey where we ask questions like "what is the purpose of life" or "do you believe God has a plan for you and your family," or "if you could ask God one question... what would it be" so we go around and do this in town because it opens people up... so we were knocking doors and it was raining pretty good and we're told to ask the questions to everyone old or young so we push the intercom and this girl answers and she says she's coming out and she sound like 17 so I was like eh I can ask her these questions... turns out she's like 9 years old but it was like she came out, it was raining and I already said we would ask a few questions so I did...

Now this sounds nice but these questions are deep and I'm flipping through thinking what can I ask this little girl... and I just opened my mouth and out popped the stupidest thing I could have said " what is the purpose of life?" Like seriously I asked a 9 year old what the purpose of life is haha Elder Mhlalase was just like Elder lets go we'll be back another time hahaha oh man we laughed and laughed...

Oh and this other guy we asked if he thought there was some plan for him after life and he just said "I don't know man but I know its gonna be @#$%@#$ up! theres gonna be fire and explosions and people burning and I'm gonna just sit back and have a beer..." CLASSIC....

Anywho so the week continued and man we were struggling ditches left and right so we just prayed, and fasted, and prayed some more and BOOM families coming left and right, referrals from members, lessons coming together, and............... 17 people on date for baptism by the 21st of November... and we have plans to put 10 more on this week... The lord hears prayers baby and things are pretty flippin sweet... We met this awesome family called the Moyo's and they were just like... "so this church has the priesthood and like is the right church?" "can we follow this, how do we join?" That's like asking a missionary "do you wanna come over for dinner tonight? we're having ribs?" man I love missionary work I can't say it enough...

So other big news this sunday we should be baptizing... James from Malawi... Nativity Chimwami from Zimbabwe... Possibly Nativity's husband Oakes... and possibly Joseph who is James roommate... Awesome story about James... He was found by the Wittwers at a gas station and through him he's just started inviting friends and we've found 6 others who are all preparing for baptism... NBD haha...

A Sweet story in the scrips for the week comes out of Alma 31... this is where Alma, Ammon, Aaron and the gang run into some apostate nephites who say prayers like "we are so glad we are better than everyone else and that you are gonna bless us and curse others..." Now I love personalities in scriptures and in one verse it says "when they had seen this they were astonished beyond all measure..." not exceedingly, or just astonished but "beyond all measure" man I laughed haha I can just imagine like Ammon and Aaron being like "Fetch! we gotta teach these guys?" but its a really awesoms story...

Anywho time is short... But I love the letters and emails... please when you send something get me your mailing address so I can write back... More sweet stuff to come and boom I'm 4 months old on mission now... 2 more and I can burn a tie and 4 more and I "get baptized haha" sweet stuff and plenty more adventures to come

Elder Robinson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment