Monday, February 20, 2012

The Law of Moses


Pretty good week. I love our investigators man. Lebogang made it to stake conference and was just like " I was scared thinking that in a big church I would just be like anyone else. But it was totally different. I just felt home. I need to be baptized I don't care what I have to do..." Just gotta wait til march haha.

Everything is sweet. and the reason I've chose the Law of Moses for this weeks subject line is this. In the old days of the mission the focus was baptize anybody who is keeping commitments, but the focus has shifted now to those who truly are converted and will leave it all behind. It's been a tough adjustment but that's what the church needs here in Africa. People who are committed to the growth of the church. I'm 100% on board for this new style. It's a little disappointing to postpone baptisms, but what's truly disappointing is people falling away. I've been lucky enough to have virtually all converts remain active, but it is a big problem of retention and this is the way its to be done.

It's been some work, but everyone we're truly teaching is either progressing, or in early stages and it just helps so much. I may not see all the fruit of my labor, but that's not what its about anyway. It's about building the church, so that is just what we'll do. I can honestly say I love our investigators and after a bit more time, teaching, and commitment, they will be powerful future leaders here in Hammanskraal.

We just have to get the big picture. I have been constantly growing and changing over the course of my mission and the methods have changed. But I know this is the Lord's work and I know we just need to jump on board and go with it. Words can't really paint the picture of what I have learned or felt, but I have no doubt this is where I need to be, this is what I need to do, this is how I need to live my life. I love South Africa, Ngi thanda Mzansi. I love my mission. To the field for quit possibly my final two weeks in Hammanskraal, time to plant the seeds.

Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment