Monday, February 6, 2012

MALAWI, hi five, Andries, daily bread, shamboked, tossing him like a rag doll.‏

Agae papa?

Lekgae?

Riteng wena ugae?

bololeo Setswana?

oh but of course.

Good week. it always is. I always feel like my weeks are only 3 days long. Monday email, Thursday planning, Church Sunday. I can't believe its February, and the weather is finally beginning to cool down a bit. I've reached a point where I have to shave twice a day to be missionary appropriate and my beard is thick like twine. Dad beardoff 2012 is so totally on. My skin is so used to the South African sun it's becoming like fine Italian leather and my feet have burst through the 4th pair of insoles and are currently working their way through the sole of my shoe. In fact, I can feel the texture of the ground. It is nice.

This week was pretty flippin sweet. On Thursday we dropped about 17 investigators and so we had a pretty empty day so we went tracting. Boom very first house Andries and Magdalene. Awesome as heck father led family that we spoke with for about 30 minutes just getting to know them. Andries deals with Diabetes so bad his joints stiffen up and he can't move sometimes but we had a prayer and he told us he knew we were men of God and he could trust us, that we're unlike anyone he's ever met. He's been pretty offended by his past experiences in churches, well more like businesses, and so the truth rang very quickly with him. We're gonna see them again wednesday. We then went about 4 more houses away and met a guy named James who's 72 and looking for the truth. and then the very next house a guy who knows the church from when he lived in Chicago playing basketball. The very next house was John from Malawi which is seriously like the most humble country on the planet. It was incredible. Issac and his Fiancee are doing great as well and made huge progress in the book of Mormon and even came to church.

The only bummer this week was Oscar and Maphula they have been talking about marriage and it seems as though they are breaking up. They blew up in front of us, but Oscar is ready to be baptized and isn't too phased. We'll see them tomorrow. Everything is pretty dang sweet now, even Pauline has finally decided to be baptized and bore her testimony in Tswana about how thankful she was for the church to just move next door and for God guiding her. In other words, dream job. Everything is stellar right now so all I wanna do is bulk up the area for Elder Black and a possible grandson of mine in 4 weeks I can only cross my fingers for more posterity.

I had a pretty cool experience this week in study. I've been struggling a bit with like consistent purposeful prayer and so I decided to do a little experiment. When I was a lad my step father E. Mhlalase did a study with me where I had to address a concern he personally had simply by asking questions. So I decided to do it with Elder Black because he wanted to improve on asking questions. So we commenced, very slowly, until he really started to listen for clues. Well he found the concern and it eventually reached this. He quoted from Kings where Elisha tells Namaan to wash 7 times in the river and where the servant says "if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing wouldst thou not have done it. How much rather wash and be clean" He said Elder Robinson you're willing to do great things but this is something so simple. "small and simple things" Alma 36 lept to mind. So in kinda a thought from the week. Sometimes we just try to do these huge things and set these huge goals as a big giant piece of meat that we need to butcher with a pocket knife. Instead, we need to break the big picture down into small delicious Costco samples. We can't let the simplest things slacken because if we do we'll never be great. So he kinda shamboked me indirectly but it worked haha and the change has already begun. Plus, he knows how to ask questions very well now. Hi five!

Speaking of Hi fives Elder Stewart and I hi fived so hard this week my skin began to peel in places, I felt the tingle in my funny bone, and people from a block away looked over. Awesome?

Last night we were pretty bored so we wrestled and I through Elder Black like a rag doll and it was nice, then we picked Elder Bangani up and had a sleepover in the kitchen with all of our mattresses so we could enjoy quick access to the brownies and lemon bars we made. The best 2 years indeed.

Well great week, but that's obvious. 1 month left in Hammyskraal who knows what's next.

anywho have a super macandovious week.

Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment