Monday, April 30, 2012

This week in Botswana, the Lord requireth a willing heart, man I wish I knew this when I was younger, the miracles.‏

Man what a week here in Kanye! SO good. After an absolutely insane Monday running back and forth through the border, we finally got to go to work. Winter hit hard Tuesday and there was frost everywhere, but we met some great people. We met a family called the Ntsima family. Sister Ntsima met missionaries in Namibia about 10 years ago, was taught by a bishop in SA and has now met 3 sets of missionaries in Botswana. She told us she was afraid of the Book of Mormon, but we spoke about the restoration and how God keeps sending this church to her and it softened her heart. She had a TON of concerns, but the funny thing is you can't find the truth, every scripture, every point against us we turned it back. Also on Tuesday we had a sweet lesson with Mosetlhane about the Law of Chastity. We taught him with his 13 year old daughter and he offered to give us a ride back after after some few minutes of small talk, we got this quote of the century " You know Elders, I like this Law of Chastity, I just wish I had known it when I was younger.I would have been a rich man haha! You see, if you were a ladies man like me, that's all you care about. But after having kids, settling down and getting married there is nothing like being a family man". Bro. Mosetlhane is awesome and definitely has been prepared for us. In fact, everyone we're teaching now, just seems to be so sincerely looking for the truth. We had to work, and sweat, and tract, but we found them. This week in my study of the Doctrine and Covenants I came across "He requireth sacrifice and tithes his people.... The Lord requireth the willing heart, and a willing mind... and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days." I don't know exactly what God wants me to learn knocking on doors from 10AM until 9PM for months at a time, and only meeting a few he has prepared, but I give this as a partial answer. It has been an undeniable testimony to me of doing what's right, even if you don't see immediate or massive results. The truth is, if your heart is right, and you just go to it... that's all he asks. I think that's probably some good advice for just about anyone, but especially as the future holds, college, marriage, and fatherhood, I don't think he could teach me anything more essential. The day to day fun and enjoyment I find in just missionary work would never be possible if I didn't go to work and keep a good attitude. Its a lesson I feel I've learned again and again in my months as a missionary, but it came especially strong this week. I've been studying a lot lately about sacrifice, and sometimes I feel a bit like Abraham asked to sacrifice something he loves so much. I'm not ready to be done, but the time of my dream of being a missionary in Africa is drawing to a close. It was a bit of a sacrifice, but now I can't imagine my life without it. But, just like the scripture says, the Lord will provide. I don't know in what way, or with exactly what, but whatever it is I'm gonna go forward with my heart, might, mind and strength... and that's all he asks. We also have been really enjoying light saber fights in the flat and I'm beating everyone down with authority, the pop tarts are nice happy birthday indeed, and I couldn't be happier. Kanye is legendary and we'll see 5+ baptisms this month more details to come on those, but for now I'll close. The work is Monate (tasty) and I'll talk to y'all next week Monday. Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment