Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spring/Summer is here baby!!!


So first things first I love Africa's weather haha everyone is like uh! it's 24 Celcius that is so hot!!! which I think if my math is right is like 80's... so I just laugh and say try St. George's 46 in the summer or like 113... anywho so spring is here and there is an awesome holiday called spring day which is like a nationwide water fight haha kids run around with buckets totally drench you and then yell Spring day!!! man I can't wait to introduce that to america hahaha...

Other random South Africa facts... Let's start with some slang... if you ask some one Howzit? they say Shawp shawp or (sharp sharp)... but my personal favorite is... "is it?" this is the South africa way of saying really? so for example we were teaching the Monde family and they were like so elder Robinson where are you from? I was like St. George Utah... It's like an hour drive from las Vegas... and they say "IS IT?" or like for example my day has been sweet "Is it?" it makes me laugh everytime because its like terrible english but I can't help myself from using it hahaha

Anyway to the mission work and the week so far... Big news I get my 5th baptism on Sunday and I'm baptizing Mike Fahey who is seriously on fire right now... He quit smoking in one day and now says he's addicted to raisins hahahaha but he's been totally clean for 13 days and this sunday is the day... We're doing a lot of restructuring out hear in Benoni and now are working with both the Rynfield ward and Benoni ward which makes for really crazy sundays haha... But between referrals, contacting, Family Mission plan, and just talking to everyone we found 11 new families to teach this week and like 7 other investigators... we really want to meet our trimester goal of 17 baptisms and because of that we are really working hard and trying to find those who are super prepared... This week we are trying to put 9 people on date for the next two months... so the work goes forth which is just rockin...

Elder Mhlalase is the man seriously we have so much fun and do so much good work together like yo it's awesome.... It's like two excited overgrown kids/men doin the lords work, finding, teaching, baptizing, and eating lots and lots of chicken polony hahaha....

I'm having some seriously crazy dreams haha like they almost always involve teaching and me trying to speak like zulu or Xhosa or Stwana and its just like so real and I wake up and just think like snap I"ve lost it... I caught myself talking in my sleep saying "will you commit to plant the seeds of faith by praying to know if this is true..." man haha I'm so lost in missionary work... which is of course totally awesome...

Some big sacrifices out here people have to make is getting work off on sundays... we would honestly have like 40 investigators at church if it weren't for this... This then leads to a lot of fasting and prayer and it's crazy because like you get used to fasting... back home man I couldn't make it like over 14 hours but now like ish I guess the Spirit helps haha...

We've been being led to a lot of interesting people who are like totally ready for the gospel... Like we knocked a door and taught a 45 minute lesson because the people were like... Hey what's different about your church? and maybe you can tell us why there are so many churches today? Boom silver platter baby haha no seriously I love missionary work its honestly the shizz...

I've been doing a lot of reading of G.C. talks lately and really love Elder Holland man that guy is powerful... Oh and BTW he's coming to Joburg on the 11th and I get to meet him! yeha baby Dixie High Grad Elder Robinson and Dixie High Grad Elder Hollland are going to meet in the birthplace of mankind... Anyway things are great... I hope you all enjoy the pictures and man some sweet stuff has been happening out here and the members are nothing short of amazing...

Oh and yeah the rainy season is coming which means monsoon like rain for weeks at a time!!! man I'm excited...
Clayton who we do FHE with every week just got made the Elders quorum president and oh more awesome news haha we're going to start playing rugby on Pdays with the stake presidency out here hahahahaha man I'm excited...

Things are great, we're finding, we're teaching, and there is always more we can do... The Johannesburg Temple is awesome but super small inside but just awesome as always.... Soon we'll have more stories to come but keep Africa and Missionaries in your prayers... The world needs it and its by faith and prayer that these miracles come... And of course God can't forget that but I love you all and love hearing from you...

Nsari Zhakanaka

Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment