Monday, November 15, 2010

and then it was November‏

Welcome to this weeks edition of ulwambo von afrika (adventures from africa ... Lets begin with a joke from Brother Lombard who is like our sweet ward missionary/ young mens president/ father of 5 boys under the age of 7... " did you hear about what terrorists are doing now? they are starting to put bombs in cans of alphabet soup!.............. If one of those babies goes off it could SPELL disaster.... and once again we did some service at his house which led to some more awesome quotes from his kids... Daniel... "Joey I'll punch you right in the face and you'll cwy like a little baby!" or the gem of the week from Ethan... (we were in his back yard plowing to plant some corn and he was sitting on the wall... "Elders I know who can jump from this wall to that one...." we were like who's that... expecting a super hero.... "Jesus".... man I laughed so hard.....

Anyway to the work... We've got about 13 people on date and should hopefully have 6 baptisms on the 28th of November which would put us above our goal for November and still well on track for our trimester goal... So things are coming pretty good out here....

On saturday we went out to Etwatwa and painted an entire house which was pretty sweet and we got sunburned hard core... Elder Williams, who is my boy, and I painted about half of the outside walls and discussed opening a zone in Limpopo and all kinds of stuff it was a lot of fun... We also discussed his car... "the chariot of love" and the mean grean k-rob machine... and our plans for a "hustler pad"/ college apartment post mission... some pretty sweet plans... but more on that later....

things have been pretty hectic because we keep having to go to the office on mondays so we never get any shopping, cleaning, or laundry done... so honestly for the past week I've smelt like a reesty hobo... But the Spirit has never been stronger.... haha I've been thinking quite a bit about leaving Benoni because it seems like 95% sure and its been getting to my head a bit I've been kinda thinking a lot about our recent converts and not so much about the lessons but this week I turned it around... I'm pumped again and we got a fist full of awesome at our zone conference so boom Elder Robinson and Elder Mhlalase are back baby...

the pigeon count between the two of us is currently 31 we were thinking we should start putting hash marks on the side of the Aveo WWII pilot style let me know what you think haha...

I love the letters as always and it is sweet to hear all that is going on back home.... is there any engagements I should know about? haha I still remember I predicted Lachelle would be married in 5 months when I left which means she's got about 3 weeks haha.... are there any mission calls...Nick? Chad? Andy? Fetz? any class of 2010 bro's? things are sweet though and things should pick up soon.... like hard core... like 30 baptisms hard core... good to hear about Brock and Kami congrats guys!!! if you need some sweet African name for a middle name let me know haha.... and boom I'm an uncle in 3 weeks what's up world...

BTW we found 3 new white families to teach so pray for us

Check out Romans chapter 8 it is awesome

20 seconds left

By everyone!!! see you next week

Sala kahle








No comments:

Post a Comment