Monday, November 29, 2010

My last week in Benoni‏

Yep that's right... I'm getting transfered after 4 and 1/2 months in Benoni I am off to a new area outside of Ekurheleini Metro... which means... Possibly Central Jozi... (central Johannesburg), Soweto (the township of townships), Northeast (Limpopo Province... Huts and tribesmen), Mpumalanga (more tribes and hot), Botswana East, Botswana West (a second country on my mission), or Bedfordview Zone which is basically Joburg outskirts like Benoni is.... So any guesses??? feel free to send them... Winners will receive a hypothetical Hi five from accross the ocean and a real one in 19 months or so.... Thanks for playing transfer news...

So to the week. first things first, we had a baptism, we had a baptism, we had a baptism hey hey hey hey!!! Godfrey Thobane Mtembu was baptized by yours truly in the freezing cold Benoni chapel font. Thobane is a sweet guy who was taught by missionaries in the past and didn't take anything seriously so 2 years later he busts out the BOM and reads it and calls us the very next day. He as having a hard time quitting smoking so we shamboked him a bit using the scriptures and dropped it cold turkey... He was baptized in a little over 3 weeks of teaching... that guy is awesome.

On a sad note, 5 of those who were going to be baptized weren't entirely ready and so they will be pushed back until like december 26th or Boxing day in this side of the world... I still don't know what that's all about... so the Moyo family (Alton, Rebecca, and Gumilemo) will be baptized without me here, as well as Zanele Sithole, hopefully Gonzo if he can quit drinking, Monde, Thabile, and others... so I could hit 20 by new years...

This has just been one of those good missionary experience weeks... some devestating news came this week Elder Crawford got dear Johned after 17 months of mission... just imagine that oof that hurts even me haha... So today will be the ceremonial burning of letters, pictures, and random nicknacks from said ex-special-lady-friend...

From my end... yeah... I'm leaving my first area... which means tonight I get to burn a pair of socks... also Elder Nelson is dying so I have completed my two greenie checks and am no longer green as of this wednesday... It goes like this you are no longer a greenie at two of these three things... 1. You are 6 months in the field. 2. you are an orphan and your father has died... (gone home). 3.You leave your first area... So its now Orangy Robinson!!!!

This week was a struggle in a lot of things but we learned a lot of lessons this week about just working hard, doing what's right, and trusting the Lord... I would say those are three life lessons I've learned on mission so far and I've still got a long way to go...

Christmas is very strange when it is 90 degrees outside but I'm sure a cold July will be even weirder....

Let's see running out of stuff to talk about... Packing sucks.... It was super tough to say goodbye to the ward here and I almost lost it in sacrament meeting but fortunately I retained my manhood. It is gonna be so tough to leave here but I'm also very excited to continue the work in my next area.

You can be expecting about 200 pictures in about the next month as I'll be sending my SD card home and starting fresh with a new one....

I'm gonna miss my companion a crap load man this guy is my bro Elder Mhlalase is my south African twin and we both agree we need to open an area to missionary work together... but even if that doesn't happen we'll stay in touch over the years and visit accrross the pond when possible...

Well to sum up... missionary work is sweet. I miss all of you guys but I'm nearly at my 6 month mark and that is straight insanity...so I'll seee you all pretty soon I guess haha. Life lessons get learned and also some sweet tribal skill you should see my Xhosa Bush skills... anyway guys farewell... I'll talk in a week from my NEW AREA!!!!

Elder Kenyon Black Lavender Ingonyama Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment