Monday, May 2, 2011

May, Osama is dead I just got 20% more patriotic, final 2 weeks in Nelspruit, glorious triumphs, heart breaking defeats...

Welcome to May 2011 everyone and the approach of summer for you and the approach of winter for me... Southern Hemisphere what up! so yeah... our toasty Lowveld nights are growing chilly and for the first time last night I turned off the fan while I slept... mind explosion I know... awesome news this week from the good old U S of A that Osama is finally dead. and no joke we were talking about that like 2 weeks ago and wondering what was up... so God bless America... the land of the free and home of the brave... go out and buy a big mac this week, watch ESPN, have some apple pie, and wave the flag proudly... also with winter approaching I am leaving Nelspruit soon as was basically confirmed by president, the zone leaders, and every sense I have... so in two weeks time we'll be playing everyones favorite game transfer news! so get your lucky picks ready...

Well this week was pretty dang good... at first... We have really been working on beefing this place up for the next trimester with a lot of people on baptismal date, many new families, investigators, and everything... and we have been actually pretty successful as of late and it looks as though the refiners fire is going to be successful again... Oh and this week it is official... I have knocked every single door in Nelspruit, West Acres, Kamagugu, Steiltes, Stone henge, and sohnhuewel... and for those of you who don't know... which should be just about all of you... that is every door within about 10 miles of the church... which if my stats are correct is about 200,000 people... YAY! but honestly we've seen more success in Nelspruit than about the past 7 years... which honestly is awesome and I'm glad to be a part of it... honestly I was so overwhelmed when I came here with its less than glorious past but... hard work, prayer without ceasing, obedience, and the Lord's help made miracles happen in the branch and lowveld... honestly such a huge character building experience serving here... 2 men can do anything with enough hard work... and one of them is the Lord.... and honestly this is where I feel I've started to become a missionary... not just someone spueing out doctrine...

But with glorious triumphs come some defeats and yesterday we got a huge punch in the man business... We went to teach just about our best investigator Irene who has been coming to church for 2 months, reading every day and has a super strong testimony. so we went to her house and started awesome as normal. great questions, learned a lot at chuch, and the spirit was there... then along came her husband..."elders.... I need to talk with you. I think you guys are great... my kids know you and love you... my wife really likes you guys and you're great... but I can not and will not allow her to get baptized... Like what the F##@% are you doin in my house taking my wife to your church... I won't allow it... you can go..." So we did... we invited him to pray, and left... and that was it...

So before I related missionary work to relationships... sometimes it feels like you like the other person so much more... sometimes you are just like what are we doing here.... and sometimes you get dumped hard core... yesterday that's how it was... tears, headaches, anger, famous last words of "we'll win her back" yep it was all there... sometimes you have huge fetching disapointments but looking back on it our time wasn't wasted and someday she'll get the gospel...

Well on a happier note Bongiwe who is super awesome and will get baptized this coming sunday has been doing missionary work left and right and has an awesome family for us to teach... oh... and her family to teach! yeah baby a family of 5 ready to join the gospel... this is what missionary work is all about... its like the superbowl... so they all came to church this week and I know probably in June the rest of the family will be baptized... I won't be here... but that doesn't really matter because they are the bomb. leaving Nelspruit is gonna be tough... and honestly I never thought I would say that when I got here....

Well yep that was my week Dlamini family is also coming along and our wildcard Lindi is still possible for this month too...

today we're gonna check out God's Window and the Blyde river canyon... I'll send pics next week but definitely check it out and next week riding elephants baby!

Sho Skhokho

Elder Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment