Monday, January 30, 2012

FIGS!, Lebogang, Maleka, Mpho, other awesomeness.

Good week man... good week. So early Monday morning we began our study because of the trip to the office. I finished the Book of Mormon for the 6th time on mission and prayed about it again. I've received answers of course before but sometimes God has some pretty cool stuff in store. The answer came Tuesday. 6, 7, and 8, were sweet as heck appointments. Brother Mpho who was baptized back in November hasn't been to church since his baptism because just that same week his brother committed suicide. Turns out his family has been persecuting him like crazy because he joined the church. So much so they burned his BOM, have called family meetings to convince him to go back, and kept him away from us and deleted our number. So we finally sat down with him and he told us all of this. Then quote of a lifetime " I prayed once to know that this was true and I got my answer, it was this 'never let this knowledge go to waste.' I REFUSE to do that. I don't care if I have to leave my entire family, home, job, everything and move to America with you or Zimbabwe with Elder Bangani. I WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS". We left, man that guy is powerful, to our next appointment. Lebogang had read from 1st Nephi to Mormon in 6 days. and " This book has changed me, I know its true, I am going to be baptized on the 26th of February". That was really nice, so then we went to our final lesson. The Malekas. It was your typical L1, just good, and they asked great questions. We reached the point of the 1st vision and I felt prompted to tell them to really listen with their hearts. So, after asking them "how do you feel about what we taught" the one daughter just lost it "This last year has been the hardest year of my life, and I've prayed every day for guidance and now God has finally answered me." You get answers to prayers when you're on your feet, and this was my answer. "This is true, he does answer prayers, I can never let this go" Church is true... Nuff said.

Honestly its just been a great week, everyone is reading, 8 made it to church, we're baptizing for sure this month, Diego, Spencer, Oscar, Babaloo, Nkosana, Issac, Lebogang, Maleka family, everyone is looking so good. We've weeded so much, but everyone we are teaching is progressing. Hard to believe its February in like a day. summer is drawing to a close and this is when the weather starts to cool down finally. the mangoes are ripe, the field is white, I love it.

Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment