Monday, August 30, 2010

and then there was one week left in the transfer

How the heck is everyone! it has been another incredible week in the 083 and summer is just around the corner which is strange because it is almost september... Where to begin... Well the Zulu skill I must say is quite impressive... I've been learning sentence structure and supposedly I speak it like someone from Kwazulunatal... so that's sweet. the clicks are quite impressive and the spear distance and accuracy is lethal haha. I live in Benoni on the corner of Atlas Road and Racecar road so if you wanna google earth that boom that's where its at. Benoni is like a town of 100,000 people but its basically like a town center. surrounding us is Boksburg North and South, Actonville, Wattville, Crystal Park, Putfontein and Kempton park. so its a pretty dang big area maybe 50k's from one side to the other. There is city, shack towns, townships, mansions, and suburbia so its pretty dang diverse here...
The work is awesome the big story of the week, The Mhike's my golden family, are all getting baptized this sunday the 5th... I am so honored to be a part of this like its insane I can't even imagine the rush on sunday... also Mike... Mike is seriously the man haha there is this breakfast I have everymorning called weetbix... its like shredded miniwheats but better. So i mix 4 of them with milk, a bit of sugar, and frosties (frosted flakes) and boom breakfast of champions. it seriously fuels the fire haha. so anywho we go to teach Mike and we get on the subject of breakfast and he's like... "weetbix is the breakfast of champions." and I was like I know right?? so then we discussed and we make it the exact same way... It was one of those unspoken connections that really made me laugh haha and he was like yeah Elder Robinson is the man... These trainings we have are sweet last week we had elder Renland of the 70 and he was so awesome... anyway during the training, he watched us mock teach and he was like Elder Robinson how long have you been out I was like 4 weeks... he was like keep it up miracles will come... so that was pretty flippin sweet.

I'm having a difficult time deciding which language to start. Shona, Zulu, or Afrikaans. 3 is too much and I wanna get good. Brother Juvencio from Zimbabwe is totally pushing shona and he's so awesome and electric he's preparing to leave on a mission and just got baptized like last year. He's on fire I love that guy...

Everything is sweet with Elder Nelson and we are rockin it with the new training we finally set all of our goals for the week. However, my mission family is growing and my tree is quite complex. so Elder Nelson is my father... Elder Opondo is my brother. Elder Blau is my step father/god father. Because of that elder Mchunu is my half brother along with Elder Clark who Elder Nelson follow up trained. Elder Williams, who is my boy, is my brother because that's how we roll so that means elder Onsongo is also my step father. Now... This week I went on exchanges to Springs with Elder McCombs who is also a huge part of my training because he is a zone leader and taught me a lot. So now he is also my step father. the confusing thing is is that there are no women haha so my family tree is like a briar patch right now...

Any who mission is awesome... This week on exchanges we had a missionary meltdown. some of the Elders got in a huge fight and 2 wanted to go home. Since I was with the Zone leaders I got to go counsel and talk it out with them. So greenie Robinson went off and we spent 3 hours in heated argument and settling... But they are all staying and (RANDOM INSERT ELDER WIlliams, Who is my Boy is now here... Mom and Dad His mom's email address is carlyrachelle88@gmail.com... JK that is his sister but you can set it up) back to the story. so all of them are sticking around and we felt bomb... Elder McCombs is like maybe you're doing this for a reason haha maybe you'll be zone leader... honestly that scared the crap out of me... but who knows maybe in time. I don't really think anyone believes I am a greenie which is nice haha everytime I say I've only been out like a month its like "ooh that's greeen..." but anyway its cool

The work has kinda been frustrating because we keep getting ditched but also the people who are electric and on fire make it so worth all of the other hard stuff... Our teaching pool is flippin huge...

but we need to keep working and doing all we can...

Fun fact I am currently in search of a Kuduzela or a battle horn made from a kudu horn appearantly they are fairly cheap so totally I'm going for one...

Everyone read Moroni 7 it is sweet about working through the tough times...
Elder Willams who is my boy's mom's email address is stacey@in-balance.biz
sorry this is random I love you all the work goes forth I'm off to a funeral for brother Claytons father... Sala Kahle all of you!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment